In 2016, Lamell McMorris founded Greenlining Realty USA, a premier comprehensive urban property redevelopment firm with the mission to reverse the historic discriminatory practice of “redlining.” Launched in McMorris’ hometown on the South Side of Chicago, Greenlining Realty USA creates pathways to capital essential for neighborhood investment, redevelopment, housing rehabilitation, and home improvement.
Mr. McMorris also serves as CEO of the Washington, DC-based group of companies bearing the Perennial name: Perennial Strategy Group and Perennial Sports, which he founded over a decade ago. In his work, he offers strategic insight and external affairs services to some of the nation's leading decision-makers in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors. Additionally, he manages an in-house team of experienced government and public relations professionals, lawyers, and sports agents, offering a multitude of services to clients in a wide range of disciplines and specialty areas.
As a lifelong advocate of civil, economic, and social rights, Mr. McMorris serves as a member of numerous nonprofit and college boards, and volunteers his time with several youth-focused and mentoring organizations. He is frequently recognized for his entrepreneurial leadership and pragmatic, high-impact approach to effective advocacy, and he is often invited to speak at a wide range of conferences and events.
Mr. McMorris holds a Bachelor of Arts in Religion and Society from Morehouse College, a Master of Divinity in Social Ethics and Public Policy from Princeton Theological Seminary, and a Honorary Doctorate from Saint Augustine’s University.
- Princeton Theological Seminary, M. Div., Social Ethics and Public Policy Concentration (1998)
- Morehouse College, B.A., Religion and Society (1995)
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Perennial Strategy Group & Perennial Sports, Founder and Chief Executive Officer
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference, Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer
- Chicago Urban League, Youth Development Initiative, Director
- Redeem the Dream March on Washington, DC, National Coordinator
BUSINESS AND CIVIC ASSOCIATIONS
- American Red Cross, National Diversity Advisory Council, Chairman Emeritus
- American Heart Association, Greater Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Board, Member
- Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity, Member
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Life Member
- Morehouse College National Alumni Association, Member
- Chicago 2016 Olympic Bid Committee, Member
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Washington Government Relations Group, Member
- Washington Board of Trade, Member
PHILANTHROPY AND ADVOCACY
- PGA REACH Board of Trustees, Member
- Morehouse College Board of Trustees, Member
- Miles College Board of Trustees, Member
- National Urban League Board of Trustees, Member
- National Action Network Board of Directors, Member
- Rainbow PUSH Board of Directors, Member
- The Crisis Publishing Company Board of Directors, Member
- NAACP, Diamond Life Member
- NAACP National Board of Directors, Former Member
- Elmhurst College Board of Trustees, Former Member
- Life Pieces to Masterpieces Board of Trustees, Former Member
SELECTED HONORS, AWARDS, AND SPEECHES
- Saint Augustine’s University, Honorary Doctorate, 2017
- Aqua Foundation for Women, Aqua Ally Award, 2017
- Washington Government Relations Group, President’s Award for Career Achievement, 2013
- National Action Network, Keepers of the Dream Entrepreneurial Award, 2011
- Morehouse College, Homecoming Crown Forum, Keynote Speaker, 2011
- Children’s National Medical Center, Serving the Nation’s Children Award, 2011
- Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Remembrance Event Keynote Speaker, 2008
Administrative Coordinator and Special Assistant to Lamell McMorris
Elizabeth Thomas is the administrative coordinator and special assistant to Lamell McMorris at Greenlining Realty USA. In this role, Thomas provides wide-ranging, high-level support to Lamell McMorris on key internal and external priorities, and collaborates directly with the Greenlining Realty USA team on a variety of initiatives to help innovate and advance new processes, to form and accomplish mutual goals, and to help implement the agency's events and outreach efforts successfully.
Prior to joining Greenlining Realty USA, Ms. Thomas served as staff assistant, then special assistant and scheduler, for United States Senator Bill Nelson. In those roles, she served as a liaison between the community and the Senator, working with the Senator's regional directors in the state to plan and develop effective outreach strategies. In his D.C. office, Thomas acted as an operations point person to ensure the smooth functioning of activities and processes for the Senator's daily matters.
A native of Tampa, Florida, Ms. Thomas is a University of South Florida alumna. Driven by her desire to engage in public policy impacting community development and sustainability in the Tampa metropolitan area, she was selected to participate in the USF College of Arts and Sciences Community Initiative's competitive Legislative Internship Program. Through that program and under the direction and leadership of a Tampa city councilmember, Ms. Thomas gained invaluable insight into the duties and responsibilities of local government and social activism – an experience she deems integral to her role in fulfilling the mission of Greenlining Realty USA.
Sean Harden is a development consultant for Greenlining Realty USA, bringing over 15 years of experience in leadership roles in both the non-profit and governmental sectors. Harden’s responsibilities include managing large scale economic and workforce development projects for the city of Chicago.
In 2005, he was awarded the Innovative Solutions Award from the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity for leading the most successful community hiring initiative in the history of the city of Chicago, which resulted in over 1300 Chicagoans being placed into jobs. In 2006, he was appointed by former Mayor of Chicago Richard M. Daley to oversee interfaith and community affairs, and to serve as the City’s liaison to foreign dignitaries.
In 2014, Mr. Harden started a boutique consulting firm, Harden Wright Consulting Group, that specializes in providing broad-based technical assistance and strategic planning to non-profit community development organizations, for-profit corporations, real estate developers, and municipalities.